Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Health and all that jazz...

Well, in the past few weeks, I've been making doctors appointments to check my health (general physician and dentist). My bottom teeth feel like they've been destroyed by a permanent retainer. I'm hoping that my neighbor, who is also my dentist, can really help me out. As far as the doctor goes... I had a full blood panel done, which included *I think* both hyper and hypo thyroid tests. I will double-check with the doctor at my follow-up.

She also ordered an oxi-monitor test for possible sleep apnea. What that entails is: I received a meter with a finger cuff-like thing, similar to a fingertip pulse monitor, then I had to hook it up on one of my fingers (I used my right middle... probably should have used my left, oh well) and secure it with a band-aid. After that, all I had to do was turn it on and sleep. Honestly, it was not my best night of sleep at all. The monitor itself was extremely heavy so if I wanted to turn over, I had to wake up and move it. I sent that back this morning and will find out the results in a few weeks.

Honestly, I'm hoping that something is wrong or there's some logical explanation. I absolutely hate not knowing how to lose weight the most efficiently. Eating clean only gets me so far and it sucks. There's no reason for appetite suppressants in my life. I'm just at a loss and want answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment